Sunday, July 13, 2014

Adventures in Gardening

Birthday boy Rob's ongoing birthday weekend, his choice, we went to a day lily farm. It was about an hour away, I'm not exactly sure where, I sat in the back seat and sang show tunes with Rob.

Gays in Grey 
 It really is a spectacular place with just thousands of different daylillies. I had never seen so many, and they are not just in rows, but really lovely, well thought out little mini gardens spread out all over the whole area

 This was a pink and green tree, that I really should have taken a photo of the whole thing

 Rob, Mike, Neil

 This is PUMPKIN MOONSHINE, it came home with us
As did several others

It really was a lovely trip, I was a bit weary at first , as it was raining hard here when we left, but cleared up by the time we got there and turned out to be a very nice day.

No comments: