Sunday, September 21, 2014

accept the things I cannot change


LIFE WITH OUT THE ROOSEVELTS




Full withdrawals tonight as 8:00 came and no Ken Burns!

I can not remember when I have enjoyed television more than this past week watching this monumental series. 14 hours and I would have liked more, starting with the birth of Teddy in 1858 and ending with the death of Eleanor in 1962, it was like one of the commentators said ," pure Shakespeare ". But, it was a real story and the most American story that there could be.

A long time fan of FDR, I learned a great deal about the first President Roosevelt and learned so much more about Eleanor - really, my main take away after the bravery of FDR was : You do not mess with Eleanor - ever ( nor any of her family ) .

We are lucky as a country to have a film maker like Ken Burns .

No comments: