Saturday, September 6, 2014

UPSON DOWNS



What an odd day, full of yes - ups and downs. Just could not wrap my Pooh sized brain around today being a football Saturday in September. Not at all a fan of week two being an open week, it takes a little time to get back into the rhythm of the season... play your day, know what other games you need to watch. I said on fb that at least we knew UGA would not get beat today, but take a look the other SEC games today, other than Vandy-OleMiss ( the J Crew Bowl ) it was blow out day - I have only seen a few scores, but it looks like it was just that . I did not watch much of anything at all, some of the FLORIDA game while cooking....


AND! 
This is where my day started. Woke up at three this morning at three am with a killer flair up of the darned gout!  This time instead of suffering in silence, We went to the Med First type clinic where Neil started his medical adventure earlier this summer for the magic gout shot that I have heard so much about , only to be told after waiting a good long time .  [ at one point heading out to our normal doctor in Honeoye Falls ( they get all pissy at drop ins, but I needed my shot )] That this clinic , and really no one gives the magic gout shot , but they give you a magic gout pill - which really works!

Mr. Crawford have you been dehydrated at all lately - YES, mowed the entire lawn with an old manual push mower yesterday on the hottest day of the year.
Mr Crawford have you had some beers to drink lately - YES, a lot last weekend
Mr Crawford, lots of meat lately - YES, low carbing etc
( and this was the kicker ) 
Mr Crawford have you eaten any clams lately!  YES!  which is just impossibly rare for me, and clams, who knew from them and gout - so I pretty much brought this on myself.

Lesson learned DRINK MORE WATER ....And the pills really do work, feel 98% better.

So feeling much better and getting a little cat nap in, it was on with our original plans.

Some friends of friends have moved to Rochester and after on online introduction from my old pal
we set up a get to know you dinner.

Starters
Sure - it did not seem like a gameday, but just through motion memory, I made deviled eggs


Our pal Mike joined us - super nice guys, very nice to have met them

Required Garden Tour
Mike, Keith and Scott

Summers last hurrah - table setting and menu wise
Break out the pumpkin spice table cloth tomorrow

  • Long and Slow BBQ Chicken
  • One hour picked roasted Corn
  • Slaw
  • Carrot Salad
  • Tomato / Basil Salad
  • Summer Squash Casserole

Forgot to take a pic of dessert which was just ETON MESS, with summer ripe strawberries, which no one , other than Neil and I had ever had...


Under the table Koda

Got folks in and out early, and settled in for my first real time Doctor Who 
# Ilikebeingold

No comments: