Thursday, October 30, 2014

with this ring ....


On the last full day at Pompanuck this year - I lost my wedding ring. 


That afternoon we were all cooking something - it's generally " use up leftover day ", an I think I was picking some left over grilled chicken for chicken salad and took my ring off to avoid mess. There was a lot of activity in the kitchen that day . The night wore on.... 

I did not realize until the morning that it was gone . Now there is close to zero garbage at Pompanuck - so the ring had to be someplace. The Roundhouse where everyone gathers is a large place, but with lots of help we looked all over ,to no avail . I even ventured out into the most creepy , and way bug filled compost bins - no shiny gold band. A mystery for sure.....

Fast forward to this past Saturday night. The phone rings and it is Dahn's dad David - who FOUND MY WEDDING RING - wrapped up in a brisket that he had cooked at Pompanuck . We did not eat all he cooked  - we never do - and he wrapped it up to have later on. I guess somehow it got into the bowl with the cooked meat, fell into the gravy something, and spent a few months in his freezer. 

And now back on my hand . Funny how things work out.

No comments: