Sunday, November 23, 2014

Eastern North Carolina Fish Stew




I've mentioned on here before how much I LOVE the PBS show A Chef's Life. Chef Vivian Howard and her family are just the end all - it is one of those shows, and they are so rare, that makes me want to crawl into the screen and life with these people.

AND in 2014 the most shocking of all things from a tv cooking show : YOU LEARN SOMETHING!
I had never even heard of this Eastern North Carolina Fish Stew, but it is a real thing with a wiki page and everything.

I can not figure out how to embed the video from PBS , so just follow this link


If you just want to see this crazy stew jump to 3:41 - but do yourself a favor and watch it all. Then, if you have not , play around the web site, start with #1. It is a linear show, the food advances the story.

No comments: