Wednesday, December 17, 2014

MOVIE DAY




As with all the LOTR movies, we were there opening day - I am pretty sure that Neil would have loved to been there last night at the opening of the movie, but the people in costume give me the willies. Not at our regular theater because we saw it in super duper three D - which takes some getting used to in the beginning - it's is too crisp, like old tv or something, hard to explain. But any distraction goes away quickly 

AND it was in the living room of this complex with these SO DAMN COMFY chairs - this was the first real movie I had seen , only the LIVE FROM THE MET before. Speaking of Live from the Met, Neil went back to this theater tonight for a SIX HOUR Wagner that was last Sundays live performance - I pasted on that long of obscure German opera,

This was by far my least favorite of the entire six ring cycle movies ( theme blogging! ) It is exactly what it says it will be THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES - and that is all - no story, nothing other that 2:45 of battle. My first reaction was that it was Peter Jackson's STAR WARS I. But softened my views after coming home and reading a bit, and just cutting him some major slack for the out and out amazingness of the movies that preceded this one.

If you have seen the other five go see it for closure - other wise skip it.

No comments: