Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Take Me Out to the Mall Game...

Take me out to the crowds.
Flogging that long long dead horse.


 The Atlanta Braves along with their hometown paper the AJC released several new pics of the coming SunTrushLifeHappyTimeWayWhite Stadium today.


 Pretty photos...but something is missing from them.


 BASEBALL!


I said on line that I just did not understand the mixing of mall culture and baseball - and was told more than a few times that its just a money grab, that this area, this mall, will generate cash all year long for the Colorado based media company that owns the Atlanta Braves. I get that - but don't see why people would come here with sketchy parking at best year round, where there are two massive malls just across 285 from the new ballpark.

I know that some newer parks have these sort of out buildings and campuses around them - but none , either major or minor that have . Maybe it will be fun. Shopping and baseball ...

No comments: