Wednesday, January 21, 2015

AMERICA

" Nothing new is ever as good as something old "
- L. Birnbach


 So, my current Bean boots are a soleless death trap - no heel, and no tread, a second away from a dangerous slide on the ice,  but you know.....
 But somehow Neil got this 20% off of your total Bean purchase coupon online today, and .. it was just time. I , of course wanted exactly what I have had every other time since 1980 ( I would like to claim the early 60's, but I can not ) . We are one of the very lucky areas that has an actual LL BEAN store - so I called them to see if they had an 8" thinsilate in stock or would I just order it online. I was told that " no, they did not have that in stock - BUT - the mothership in Freeport had JUST sent them a huge load of slightly irregulars for a good percentage off ".

Turns out that the only thing irregular about 90% of these is that in inside printing , the size etc - is off center, and they can not be sold as perfect, seriously. So with Neil's coupon and this great sale I got my new boots and he got some very nice bedroom/house slippers for less than the catalog price of my boots alone.
 Me and my new boots in the snow.....
Me and my new boots at the Opera.


No comments: