Saturday, January 24, 2015

MOVIE DAY





As of this afternoon we have seen all of the movies nominated for the 2015 Oscar. 

American Sniper
Birdman
Boyhood
The Grand Budapest Hotel
The Imitation Game
Selma
The Theory of Everything
Whiplash

Whiplash is a very good small film, that I am very glad is getting some recognition from the Academy. JK Simmons, ( who has FREAKED me out since his OZ chacater ) took home the Golden Globe for best supporting actor in a drama, and he was just as good if not better than any of the other guys on the list. I don't think we would have seen the movie with out the Oscar buzz , and I am happy we did.

It is not a David Lean epic, its just a small tight little film about people - and drums. The kid in the movie, Miles Teller so should have been nominated along side Simmons.

AND - the big and, I will be doing a whole post on this : I am in camp BIRDMAN for Best Picture.

also, our small little local movie house in liberal enclave of Pittsford NY was setting up a special queue for the coming crowds to see American Sniper - BY FAR the worst movie on the above list.

No comments: