Saturday, July 11, 2015

Summer Dinner



 A couple of rain free sunny days in a row - maybe a first for Summer 2015

 Neil is getting things back to at least less jungle after his trips




 BBQ RIBS AND CHICKEN
Per the SC BFF - a new way to do ribs, which turned out great.
An overnight dry rub, or in my case an all day rub - then sealed in foil, low and slow, 350 degrees for about an hour and a half, no liquid ( like I used to do them ) then on the grill for some smoke and sauce - turned out really well.

 Our pal Don came over for dinner with us

Ribs and Chicken
Broccoli Slaw
Pasta Pesto and Peas
Straight out the can beans

The pasta salad is my take on a great INA GARTEN one - only mine is a go to pantry keep on hand. A box of bow ties, a jar of wegmans pesto and some frozen peas. I added some tomatoes because I had them. HERE is the real recipe, which is most tasty, only not anywhere near as easy as mine. Most deli sections or Italian sections will have a ready made pesto -and you can add what ever you want. Even shrimp of chicken for a meal...




This is my standard chocolate meringue pie, ( Martha Stewart's ) just made in a Graham cracker crust and no meringue. If I had planned any in advance at all, I would have taken a table spoon of the evaporated milk out of the recipe and added a table spoon of grand mariner - or some orange liqueur.. would have been nice.
You could also add some fluff to this and call it a smores pie if you wanted ....a dollop of marshmallow fluff and then toast with a tiny kitchen blow torch - that would be all the clever.

No comments: